Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Updated 1st July 2022
The Clinic supports the Government response to tackle the Coronavirus, which is underpinned by scientific evidence, the latest escalation of advice published on June 2022 and onwards.
During the current situation, the Clinic has adapted its operating procedures to ensure we safeguard yours, our practitioners and the wider community's safety and wellbeing.
The guidance is:
Those who are at increased risk of severe illness from coronavirus (COVID-19) to be particularly stringent in following social distancing and close contact measures.
This group includes those who are:
• Aged 70 or older
• Under 70 with an underlying health condition listed below (ie anyone instructed to get a flu jab as an adult each year on medical grounds):
• Chronic (long-term) respiratory diseases, such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema or bronchitis
• Chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
• Chronic kidney disease
• Chronic liver disease, such as hepatitis
• Chronic neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis (MS), a learning disability or cerebral palsy
• Problems with your spleen – for example, sickle cell disease or if you have had your spleen removed
• A weakened immune system as the result of conditions such as HIV and AIDS, or medicines such as steroid tablets or Cancer on Intense course of chemotherapy. radiotherapy, immunotherapy, blood & bone marrow cancer
• Being seriously overweight (a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or above)
• Those who are pregnant
Wearing a face covering if you are in the at risk category or as of choice is recommended. Your Therapist will wear PPE as guided or required appropriately.
As part of our practice as Clinical Soft Tissue Therapists we screen every client at each appointment but please
contact the clinic in advance if you have:
• A Cold (or)
• Flu like symptoms
And the advice to self-isolate yourself and your family for 5 days as per latest Government guidelines
if you have a positive test:
• Continuous Cough (or)
• Loss of Smell and or Taste
As advice is changing rapidly we will keep ourselves updated and will act accordingly to comply with the Government and our Professional bodies guidelines.
In the meantime, rest assured that the standards of the Clinic have always gone and go beyond the minimum shown below:
● Provide handwashing facilities and antibacterial wash on arrival and gel on leaving
● Change all fabrics between every client and then wash at 60 degrees (the towels not the clients!!)
● Wash our hands before, during and after seeing a client for more than the recommended 20 seconds plus
● Disinfect all rooms, handles, bolsters, couches etc. between clients
● Disinfect all clinic surfaces between clients daily and including entry/ exits
As hand washing is so far the most effective protection for the spread of the virus, we ask that any of you attending the clinic wash hands before and after treatment with the handwash/ soap and provided. This has shown to be more effective than antibacterial gel.
You may uses the waiting room but if you are in the at risk category, we will only allow one client in the clinic each time and will ask patientss to remain in their vehicle or safely outside observing social distancing until we come to greet you and ask you to enter the clinic.
We have undertaken and reviewed our Health and Safety Policy and revised our Risk Assessment in relation to
COVID-19 and as such follow the guidance given by Government, Public HealthEngland, HSE, COSHH, CNCH, GCMT, all Governing Bodies and Professional Organisations, in relation to Codes of Practice, Health and Safety, Use of PPE, Sanitisation and all aspect required under the Guidelines to ensure the safety and wellbeing of out Clients/ Patients, Therapists, Tenants and Visitors.
We also want to tell you that we are here to support you.
If cannot make it to The Clinic we are very happy to provide you an online, phone or text service for advice on how to manage your musculoskeletal aches and pains in the meanwhile.
We have also taken advice from OHN Specialist and MHFA England Instructor and are here to not only support your physical wellbeing but as importantly, your emotional and mental health.
We are all part of a loving community and if we have learned something from this situation is that we can cope with anything by supporting each other.
Kind Regards and Best
Photo of Daniel